hello everyone..! happy Wednesday...
lets talk about sleeping...
Sleep is an important factor in all our lives. When we sleep: we rest, and our body is able to renew its energy.
There's increasing evidence that sleep is related to laying down long-term memories, and good sleep is important for school success.
Sleeping well is often a result of having good sleeping habits, which parents are responsible for teaching to their children.
|what's on your mind,baby?|
how much sleep does a child need?
Your child's sleeping pattern – whether or not they sleep and for how long – affects the entire family. This is why good sleeping habits and rules about bedtime are important.
How much sleep a child needs depends on the individual.
You may have a very active child, who doesn't need much sleep. Trying to change a child's sleep patterns to what somebody else claims is 'normal' will only cause trouble.
What is a bedtime routine?
It's doing the same things, in the same order, at the same time every day – just before going to bed. A routine that lasts 15 to 30 minutes is best. Below is an example.
- Let your child calm down by playing a quiet game together.-like what i did with my son,we playing with torchlight+making a shadow for a few minute.its fun..!
- Let your child choose what pyjamas to wear.
- Get them to brush their teeth and go to the toilet.-lil'Thanel know his routine and do by himself,but of course still under my supervision.
- Listen to some soft music.
- Read or tell a story.usually, i asking him what he did at school on that day.and,amazingly..he can tell me the cutest story ever..!
- Tuck your child in with their blanket, teddy bear or some other thing that makes them feel secure.
p/s,so mommies..what is your child bedtime routine?